Re: Call Graph Profiler!!

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Call Graph Profiler!!
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:26:29 +0100

Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
Hello David,

I wrote the call graph profiler immediately after the flat-profiler.
But the problem
was JWE wanted a finer tree-walker based evaluating profiler, instead of the
hooks I had put into the code everywhere. Doing this was (is?) outside my
domain of knowledge presently.

It is going to be a significantly time consuming project to get this right. But
like JWE already mentioned, if we got this right we could write a debugger
similarly and a bunch of other meta-code-tools, including the
Oct-2-Mat converter
etc.

Oh well did not read the article completely before mailing, and you clearly state the tree walker isn't written. I suppose I'd hoped that you had attacked this problem, which is also beyond what I know of the Octave code as well.

But thanks for taking notice.

No problems.

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)