fopen always returns fid=-1 since revision 8380

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: fopen always returns fid=-1 since revision 8380
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 08:56:51 +0100

Hi,

with revision 8380, "allow initialized local buffers", there came a strange problem with it. I don't see this problem with revision 8379. Because this changeset is very small I hope somebody can tell me what is going on.

If I do

  fid = fopen ("file.txt", "w")

then I always get a fid=-1 if the file is not there and must be created. If the file is already there then it can be opened correctly for overwriting and I get a valid fid.

I noticed that problem because the number of failures while doing "make check" increased rapidly from revision 8379 to 8380, for example

  ***** shared file
  file = tmpnam ();
  fid = fopen (file, "wt");
  fwrite (fid, "1, 2, 3\n4, 5, 6\n7, 8, 9\n10, 11, 12");
  fclose (fid);
  !!!!! test failed
  fwrite: invalid stream number = -1shared variables {
    file = [](0x0)
  }

dlmread.cc on its own produces 20 failures on my Mac. Which line of changeset 8380 could make that problems?

Thanks for help,

  Thomas