Re: error when compiling Octave in Cygwin

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: error when compiling Octave in Cygwin
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:35:06 -0600

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 4:27 PM, Ivan Sutoris <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been trying to compile recent development sources under Windows,
> with Cygwin (gcc version 3.4.4). With freshly cloned repository,
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is suspiciously old.  Can you try 4.3.2 or something?
I see that is is shipped with cygwin as gcc4.
You can get configure to pick it up by doing
./configure CC=gcc4

You may need to provide configure with proper fortran compiler
in a similar manner:

./configure CC=gcc4 F77=....

> Thanks for your time
> Ivan Sutoris