Re: 3.0.4 RC4

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: 3.0.4 RC4
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:40:33 -0500

On Feb 20, 2009, at 11:53 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 20-Feb-2009, John W. Eaton wrote:
| On 20-Feb-2009, Rob Mahurin wrote:
| | A question. The mercurial tree for the development sources has a tag
| | "release-3-0-0", but no tags corresponding to the other stable
| | releases. Are the bugfix releases maintained outside the repository,
| | instead of in a branch?
|
| Yes.
|
| | If so, why?
|
| Because that's the way we decided to do it. It just seems simpler to
| me to have a separate archive instead of using a branch inside the
| same archive.

Oh, and I guess I should have mentioned that the release-3-0-x branch
is here: http://hg.tw-math.de/release-3-0-x

I guess I can pull from this and from http://www.octave.org/hg/octave to the same working copy, and so I can have them both in the same place without pestering anyone else. Hooray for distributed source control.

Should this link be at the bottom of http://www.gnu.org/software/ octave/download.html with the other development source links? "Bugfixes in the 3.0.x branch are developed in the repository at <link>" ? Or perhaps some equivalent statement when 3.2 is released?

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin