Re: deprecated functions

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: deprecated functions
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:44:53 +0100

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Jason Riedy <address@hidden> wrote:
> And John W. Eaton writes:
>> dmult
>
> It might be worth mentioning that dmult has reverted to 3.0
> behavior, so anyone using the dmult(matrix, vector) behavior
> from the development series will be surprised.
>
> Jason

well, I reverted it back because it seemed weird to me to extend a
function and deprecate it at the same time. I don't expect problem as
the extension was never in any stable release and I don't think we
need something like a backward compatibility with development
snapshots.
The syntax matrix*diag(vector) is Matlab-compatible and more efficient
than using dmult.
If anyone thinks keeping dmult is a good idea, I can bring it back
reimplemented as a wrapper for the above expression.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert