Diagonal v. sparse matrices [was Re: deprecated functions]

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Diagonal v. sparse matrices [was Re: deprecated functions]
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:13:43 -0500

On  4-Mar-2009, Jason Riedy wrote:

| I suppose the shortest path to a fix is to revert spdiag.

Maybe it would be best to leave spdiag deprecated and just translate
the spdiag call to spdiags.  That will be a little more complicated
that just calling "spdiags (varargin{:})", but I think it should be
possible without too much effort.  Then the deprecated warning message
can recommend using spdiags instead.