Re: [changeset] histc

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: [changeset] histc
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 19:28:54 +0100

son, 08 03 2009 kl. 19:14 +0100, skrev Jaroslav Hajek:
> Several comments:
>
> 1. your test for sortedness will gripe for descending arrays. I think
> it can simply go like this

It is supposed to gripe for descending arrays.

> if (! issorted (edges))
>   warn (...)
>   edges = sort (edges);
> endif

This approach might still be better than what I have. It should,
however, look something like this

  if (! issorted (edges) || edges (1) > edges (2))

to ensure we gripe for descending arrays.

>  Do you have a good reason why you wnat this
> function in 3.2?

Well, I've been given some code that requires the function :-)

> Of course, we may also go with this implementation and I'll contribute
> a more optimal one after 3.2.

A more optimal solution would be nice, but I don't think a function like
this is going to be the bottleneck of much code.

I pushed the function before reading your mail. Should the change be
cancelled due to feature freeze?

Soren