Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 15:27:09 +0100

Hi,

While compiling octave recent archive with MSVC, I got a compilation
error at sparse-xdiv.cc. MSVC fails at the statement:

const typename DM::element_type zero = typename DM::element_type ();

Specifically, it fails at intepreting "typename DM::element_type ()" correctly
and tries to find a static member called element_type (it seems to ignore
typename keyword in that context). I worked around that by using

const typename DM::element_type zero =