Re: does anyone have a non-postscript printer?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: does anyone have a non-postscript printer?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:17:27 -0400

On Jun 15, 2009, at 10:26 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Ben Abbott wrote:
I've been working on improvements to Octave's print command. The last feature I need to test is printing to non-postscript printers. Unfortunately, I don't have one. If someone does have a non-postscript printer and is inclined to do some tests for me, I'd like to produce a raw file for it (assuming it is supported by ghostscript) and see if it prints correctly. All I need to know is (1) the ghostscript device name, and (2) the page size (usletter, or a4).

There are so many printers from days gone past, which non-PostScript printer are you thinking of? HP still probably supports its own native language/format even though it has supported PostScript for years. I forget what that is called at the moment.

Dan

That's a good point. I have two HP postscript printers. I'll have to lookup the name of their native language (PCL perhaps?) and try the corresponding ghostscript device.

Thanks
Ben