Re: libtool and mkoctfile

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: libtool and mkoctfile
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 06:31:51 -0500

On  6-Nov-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| The practical viewpoint is that a release of Octave 3.4 using libtool
| that won't build on windows wouldn't do any good for windows users.
| Maybe we should postpone the change until you get it to at least build
| and work reasonably, though maybe not perfectly.
| If it proves to be too hard, then we will really have a dilemmatic decision.

Please remember that I've offered to help debug the problems, but I
need some precise directions about how to set up a proper build
environment on a Windows system so I can duplicate whatever problems
Benjamin is seeing.  If there is already such a document, then point
me to it.

If there are problems with libtool, then we should also ask for help
or report bugs on the libtool mailing lists.  You can find them here:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/mail/?group=libtool

Judging from the archives of the discussion list, the people there
seem friendly and willing to help.  A number of the threads I looked
at dealt with various issues on Windows systems and there were
be completely on our own here...