Re: bootstrap, sha1sum, gsha1sum and such things?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: bootstrap, sha1sum, gsha1sum and such things?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:29:08 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Thomas Treichl
> Ok, thanks. Does this mean that we always need a working Internet connection
> configure the Octave sources because we need to bootstrap? Or, if I have
> gnulib
> installed I don't need to bootstrap anymore?

I have tried only once.

So I have experimentally done second time.

hg clone ./octave ./octave-work
and copy  ../gnulib stored eleswhre  to ..../octave-work

and cd to  ..../octave-work
and ./autogen.sh

**************
$ ./autogen.sh
generating source lists for liboctave/Makefile...
generating doc/interpreter/images.mk...
generating src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/module.mk...
bootstrapping...

./bootstrap: Bootstrapping from checked-out octave sources...
./bootstrap: gnulib/gnulib-tool  --import --no-changelog --aux-dir
._bootmp/build-aux --doc-base
._bootmp/doc --lib libgnu --m4-base ._bootmp/m4/ --source-base ._bootmp/libgnu/
--tests-base
._bootmp/tests --local-dir gl --libtool --import ...
Module list with included dependencies:
  arg-nonnull
  configmake
  extensions
  include_next
  link-warning
  localcharset
  mbrlen
  mbrtowc
  mbsinit
  stdbool
  stddef
  streq
  strftime
  time
  time_r
  verify
  wchar

Perhaps git checks out of the gnulib repository, I think.

People those who have much knowledge will give much information.

Regards

Tatsuro

Get Disney character's mail address on Yahoo! Mail
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/disney/