Re: Organization of plots in the Manual

From: Michael D Godfrey
Subject: Re: Organization of plots in the Manual
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:06:31 -0800

On 12/15/2009 10:40 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
We could tag the code for each example and then include it in the
text, or build up the plotimages.m file from smaller parts that are
suitable for including directly in the manual.  Is the extra scripting
and Make magic necessary to do this job it worth the effort?

This is, I think, mainly up to you to decide the tradeoff.  Are there, or are there
likely to be, plots in other parts of the Manual than plot.txi?  I do feel
pretty strongly against duplicate copies of code or text.  Inevitably they get
out of sync.

Building plotimages.m from the txi sounds right, but I do not have a good
idea about how to do that.

Michael