Re: fast scatter plots - advice sought

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: fast scatter plots - advice sought
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:40:55 +0200

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
> 3. It seems that Gnuplot can accept a variable pointsize directly,
> using "pointsize variable" and taking an extra column of data. So it
> could be nice if we allowed "markersize" property of a line primitive
> to be a vector.
> I'd like to implement this extension, but I'm not sure how to do this
> for the opengl backend. Any hints?
Hint:
in src/gl-render.{h,cc} you have to change the following functions:
init_marker, draw_marker and all of the draw_XXX functions which call
them.
You will have to cancel the size argument to init_marker and use sz=1.
In draw_marker, you have to add a size argument, and use glScale to
scale the marker appropriately
In all the draw_XXX functions calling them, you have to give
draw_marker appropriate size.

If you want, I can do this, but you'll have to send me the changeset
implementing the rest of this change so I have something to test
against.

Shai