Re: Figure numbers as strings?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Figure numbers as strings?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:58:40 -0700

tir, 30 03 2010 kl. 09:28 +0200, skrev David Grundberg:
> I don't object, and I have another time saver...
>
> Soren, you're in Denmark, right? Do yourself a favor and use US-intl (no
> dead keys) keyboard layout instead of the Danish one. I unlearned the
> weird Swedish keyboard layout one year ago, and I never looked back. The
> US-intl layout is insanely easier to type programming characters on
> (like the tricky / \ [] {} and the can-hardly-be-found `). It's almost
> like programming languages are designed to be typed in! :) I haven't got
> a new keyboard either, I just changed the software. I chat in Swedish
> (börk börk) on this layout (using the Alt Gr key found on nordic
> keyboards), so I can (and do) use it all the time.

[Off-topic] :-)

I actually learned to program on an American keyboard, and I must say
they are better for programming. I never change the layout of my Danish
keyboard, though, as I need the keys to create the characters that are
printed on them ("o" should be "o" and not "["). My memory is simply too
poor to deal with such complications.

But thanks, though
Soren