Re: Bug tracker for Octave Forge

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Bug tracker for Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:37:05 -0400

On 10-Jun-2010, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| These days I think we have one non-free package (some spline stuff) that
| hasn't been maintained in years (I don't think anything has been checked
| into that package in all the time I've been involved). I'd be willing to
| remove this package from the repository.
|
| All other packages seem to be GPL, BSD or public domain. So is licensing
| really an issue?

The licensing may not be a problem, but according to the savannah
site:

  Savannah aims to be a central point for development, maintenance and
  distribution of official GNU software. In additions, for projects
  that are free software but not part of the GNU project we provide
  savannah.nongnu.org.

so unless Octave Forge becomes an "official GNU project" then I think
the proper place for it would be savannah.nongnu.org rather than
savannah.gnu.org, assuming you wanted to host it on savannah.