Re: new problem with scatter() and scatter3()

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: new problem with scatter() and scatter3()
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:07:00 +0000 (GMT)

On 31 Aug, 2010,at 07:27 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Aug 30, 2010, at 11:55 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 30-Aug-2010, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
>
> | On 08/30/2010 07:15 PM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
> |
> | On 30 August 2010 20:36, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> |
> | > The demos for scatter and scatter3 are failing for me.
> |
> | I think I'm seeing the same problem. With the fltk backend, right? No
> | dots show up? The gnuplot backend seems fine.
> |
> | > I've made a few changes in the last day, but don't see how any of them could be responsible.
> |
> | Well, I don't think it was me either. I just updated my repo to the
> | point just before my revision, and I still don't see any dots with the
> | fltk backend.
> |
> | - Jordi G. H.
> |
> | I get the same results:
> |
> | 1. fltk: no dots
> | 2. gnuplot: OK.
> |
> | Thus is fedora 13 system.
> | But, I have not run scatter() lately, so I cannot help with when this went
> | wrong.
>
> On my system with 3.3.51 (quite old now) demo scatter makes only one
> plot and it is blank with the fltk backend.
>
> With 3.3.52, demo scatter makes 5 plots and the second and third are
> blank with the fltk backend.
>
> I see the same result with the current sources as I do with 3.3.52, so
> I guess this problem has been around for a while now.
>
> jwe

Thanks for the responses. When using the gnuplot backend I get the deludge below. Knowing its on my end will make the search/solution easier.

Ben

I found the problem. It is part of the changeset below

   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/2f9de135e7f9

I've attached a changeset, and will push it latter today.

Ben