Re: [Changeset] uigetfile, uigetdir, uiputfile

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [Changeset] uigetfile, uigetdir, uiputfile
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:28:18 -0500

On 18-Nov-2010, Kai Habel wrote:

| The problem arises when a user has an octave with both backends
| available, but the backend for the current figure is gnuplot. Should the
| uigetfile decline to work, even though __fltk_uigetfile__ would work?

OK, I hadn't thought of that.  I guess it would be best if functions
like uigetfile could work even if the backend is not currently set to
fltk.

What happens when we have different toolkits available?  I guess we
need to have the notion of current toolkit too?

For other functions like uimenu that affect the figure window, you
need the backend to match the toolkit used to implement the uimenu
function, correct?

In any case, I don't see that we need to solve these problems before you
commit the changes.