Bad luck building on OSX

From: Alexander Klein
Subject: Bad luck building on OSX
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:47:38 +0200

Hello,

just yesterday, I finally found the time to build 3.4.2 on OSX (10.6.8).
Unfortunately, the build runs fine, and even the naked binary is running:

[MiniMac:local/src/octave-3.4.2] avatar% src/octave
GNU Octave, version 3.4.2
Copyright (C) 2011 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave:1>

Then again, when I try to run it as suggested, it blow up with a memory
management error:

[MiniMac:local/src/octave-3.4.2] avatar% ./run-octave
GNU Octave, version 3.4.2
Copyright (C) 2011 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave(3824) malloc: *** error for object 0x102e8e040: pointer being freed was
not allocated
panic: Abort trap -- stopping myself...
octave(3824) malloc: *** error for object 0x102e8e040: pointer being freed was
not allocated
panic: attempted clean up apparently failed -- aborting...
Abort

Any suggestions what I could try to track down the problem?

Kind regards,

        Alex