Rik: cellfun(@foo, ...) or cellfun("foo", ...)

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Rik: cellfun(@foo, ...) or cellfun("foo", ...)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:20:44 -0500

As I've been doing the last couple of merges of stable to default,
I've been running into the issue that the default branch had calls of
the form cellfun("foo", ...) while the stable branch had cellfun(@foo,
...). Following changeset 12949:d1db86336a49, these two no longer show
a difference of performance for me, while the latter has the advantage
of being more "semantic", plus I think it will be more easy to
optimise on the C++ side of things if we ever change our
implementation of function handles. Following that, I have been
performing the merges favouring the @foo style from the stable branch.

Rik, I just want to confirm that you think this is ok. As I recall,
you tested both forms and found no further performance penalty for
@foo over "foo".

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.