Re: Octave's goals and motivations (Re: GUI)

From: Victor Salit
Subject: Re: Octave's goals and motivations (Re: GUI)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:04:24 +0200

Are you seriously advocating that 20% of windows users need matlab/octave? I doubt if even 1% are engineers,and probably less then 10% have more than basic 12 years education- remember, for every engineering company like we work for, you have 100s of lawyer firms, accountants, flower shops, Mcdonalds restaurants, Garbage disposal firms, government offices, museums, and the list goes on .... Assuming windows even has 100% market share, what percentage of computer users need matlab? almost nobody.

Just don't tell me that all the linux users need Octave...