Re: Ideas for auto BSX

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Ideas for auto BSX
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 13:42:56 +0200

lør, 01 10 2011 kl. 12:35 +0200, skrev Dr. Alexander Klein:
> Am 30.09.2011 um 23:18 schrieb fork:
>
> > Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >>
> >> So, while I think this is quite useful, it should by no means be
> >> called "-" in my opinion. Perhaps ".-" would do? I've never seen
> >> anyone use this.
> >
> > I think making the .-, .*, etc "broadcastable", and keeping -, *, etc with
> > their
> > standard linear algebra interpretations, makes the most sense.
>
> Good morning,
>
> I've yet another idea based on Kronecker algebra!

We have support for something like that in the 'linalg' package in
Octave-Forge. There you can create Kronecker products without explicitly
forming the product and still do things like SVD and matrix inverses.
Support is not complete, but I would at least start with the work in
this package and make sure that this works nicely before building new
operators and so forth.

Søren