Correct branch for bug fixes

From: Rik
Subject: Correct branch for bug fixes
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 20:41:21 -0700

10/2/11

John,

Should we be holding off on any commits to stable?  The 3.4.3-RC0 candidate
seems to mostly work so I have been reluctant to commit anything to the
stable branch even when it is a bug fix or just a documentation change.
Instead, I've been committing bug fixes to the dev branch since that will
be the next release.

I potentially do have two useful candidate patches for 3.4.3-RC1 if we make
such a tarball.  They both fix 'make test' errors on the MinGW platform.

Cheers,
Rik