Re: Octave 3.5.90 snapshot available for ftp

From: Jussi Lehtola
Subject: Re: Octave 3.5.90 snapshot available for ftp
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:56:03 +0200

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:45:21 -0500
"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please remember that these snapshots are provided for testing
> purposes.  I do not consider them to be Octave releases.  If people
> think there will be confusion because of the version number, then we
> can add a notice to the Octave startup message.
>
> I plan to release Octave 3.6.0 in the next few weeks.  Even if you
> have been building Octave regularly from the Mercurial archive, it
> would help if you could build from the snapshot and report any
> problems.

Builds fine in Fedora, which shouldn't be surprising since AFAIK you're
running on Fedora.

I did note a couple of things with rpmlint:

octave-debuginfo.x86_64: W:
spurious-executable-perm
/usr/src/debug/octave-3.5.90/liboctave/singleton-cleanup.h
octave-debuginfo.x86_64: E:
incorrect-fsf-address /usr/src/debug/octave-3.5.90/src/gl2ps.h
octave-debuginfo.x86_64: W:
spurious-executable-perm /usr/src/debug/octave-3.5.90/liboctave/oct-locbuf.h
octave-debuginfo.x86_64: E:
incorrect-fsf-address /usr/src/debug/octave-3.5.90/src/gl2ps.c
octave-devel.x86_64: E:
incorrect-fsf-address /usr/include/octave-3.5.90/octave/gl2ps.h

You might want to fix these before making the 3.6.0 release.

PS. For the Fedora 3.6.0 build we will need to remove the bundled
arpack, so it would be nice if it were possible by that time.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor