Re: New manual chapter on vectorization

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: New manual chapter on vectorization
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:39:10 -0500

On Dec 27, 2011, at 1:52 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> I will push the cset soon, but this is how it's starting to turn out:
>

> http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave.html/Vectorization-and-Faster-Code-Execution.html
>
> I have lots more to say about accumulation and vectorisation examples
> as well as broadcasting, but as far as satisfying the release
> requirements of 3.6, I think this close to done.
>
> Suggestions welcome.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Nice work Jordi !

There are some minor formatting problems (ex: the result of "x+y" under
broadcasting), if these are still present after you've pushed the changeset, I
/ others can take a look.

Regarding vectorization (assignment ?) topics, I've seen many examples where
loops are used for arrayed structures. Are things like the stuff below already
in the manual ? If not where do they belong?

a = {1, 2:3};
[foo(1:2).bar] = deal (a{:});
foo =

  1x2 struct array containing the fields: