Re: New manual chapter on vectorization

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: New manual chapter on vectorization
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 19:09:01 -0500

2011/12/27 Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:
> On Dec 27, 2011, at 1:52 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> I will push the cset soon, but this is how it's starting to turn out:
>>

>> http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave.html/Vectorization-and-Faster-Code-Execution.html

Okay, it's pushed:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/951eacaf9381

> There are some minor formatting problems (ex: the result of "x+y"
> under broadcasting), if these are still present after you've pushed
> the changeset, I / others can take a look.

I think I've fixed those, but I probably have a lot of other errors.
Proofreading very welcome.

> Regarding vectorization (assignment ?) topics, I've seen many
> examples where loops are used for arrayed structures. Are things
> like the stuff below already in the manual ? If not where do they
> belong?

I started a section in the manual for them. I think there's tons of
examples we should be adding there:

    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ebe2e6b2ba52

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.