Re: hist3 function

From: Rik
Subject: Re: hist3 function
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:38:07 -0700

On 06/22/2012 10:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:14:35 +0800
> From: Andrew Lampinen <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Potential Addition: hist3
>
> Hello,
>
> Attached is a hist3.m file for a bivariate histogram function, somewhat
> similar to matlab's hist3. It's one of the main functions I've missed in
> octave, so I wrote this and thought I'd submit it to you for consideration,
> since it seems like it would be useful for matlab compatibility, etc. My
> code is probably not the most efficient, since I've not had extensive
> experience writing for octave, but at least it's a starting point.
>
> Thanks,
> -Andrew Lampinen
6/22/12

Andrew,

The function hist3 is in the Statistics Toolbox for Matlab, rather than
core Matlab.  I think the best place to add this code would be in the
statistics package for Octave which is available on Octave Forge
(http://octave.sourceforge.net/statistics/overview.html).  Jordi might be
able to give you more information on how to do that (Jordi GutiƩrrez
Hermoso <address@hidden>).

Cheers,
Rik