Re: segfault during test

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: segfault during test
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 13:35:11 -0400

On  2-Aug-2012, JuanPi wrote:

| Using ./run-octave -g after the suggested build produces no segfault.
| fntests finishes normally with the summary

Weird, when I ran make check with the -g added to the run-octave
command line in the Makefile, it ended with:

  356 (of 935) .m files have no tests.

  0 (of 119) .cc files have no tests.

  Please help improve Octave by contributing tests for
  these files (see the list in the file fntests.log).

  [Switching to Thread 0x2aaac37b8700 (LWP 23076)]
  0x00002aaac12227e4 in ?? ()
  (gdb) where
  #0  0x00002aaac12227e4 in ?? ()
  #1  0x00002aaac122107e in ?? ()
  #2  0x00002aaac37b8700 in ?? ()
  #3  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

But I see no segfault without -g!

And this stack trace is obviously not very helpful to a mere mortal
such as myself.