Re: src/ dir re-organization complete ... for now

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: src/ dir re-organization complete ... for now
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 17:29:38 -0400

On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 06:22:19PM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  3-Aug-2012, Rik wrote:
>
> | 1) autogen.sh no longer seems to terminate properly.  I think this is
> | related to the recent gnulib update because the last command it starts is
> | build-aux/bootstrap.sh.  I never see the last commands of autogen.sh such
> | as 'echo "replacing all occurrences of g77 with gfortran in configure
> | script..."'.
>
> It looks like bootstrap script is exiting with a status of 1, so the
> set -e in the autogen.sh script forces it to exit there instead of
> continuing.
>
> I'm not sure why bootstrap is suddenly exiting with a nonzero status.

I just looked into this, it's the recent update to gnulib, the missing
script is no longer part of gnulib:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commit;h=d0f486f09869cad33c4a7039d88e45fedd815c23

I copied gnulib/build-aux/bootstrap, reapplied ecf0c6bca0c9, and it
works again for me.

--
mike