Re: redesign of GUI event handling

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: redesign of GUI event handling
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:44:02 -0500

On 09/18/2012 06:02 AM, Jacob Dawid wrote:

    If you'd like to get rid of some more dynamic_casts, I've put a
    patch here that uses slots and signals instead when possible:

    https://savannah.gnu.org/__patch/index.php?7849
    <https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?7849>

    Dan

I didn't use signals and slots because they are dependent on Qt. The
long term goal was to make an operational layer to the octave
interpreter for other multithreaded applications that do not rely on Qt,
too. That's why I used the observer pattern instead of signals and slots.

The patch is for GUI items signals and slots, i.e., the file editor tab being notified directly by the _main_window using a signal rather than having to go through the file editor which then distributes the notification to the file tabs. Saves a small hunk of code.

Dan