Re: reconstructing m files from octave_function

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: reconstructing m files from octave_function
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:44:52 -0500

On 11-Dec-2012, Matt Flax wrote:

| I would like to add this functionality, however I am leaving work next
| week and am not sure they will give me the time to implement it.
|
| I will try to fit it in.
|
| Matt
|
| On 12/11/2012 08:00 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
| > On 10 December 2012 21:01, Matt Flax <address@hidden> wrote:
| >> Has anyone got any idea on how to reconstruct an m file from an
| >> octave_function ?
| > This isn't currently possible. After Octave parses an m-file, its
| > internal representation discards most of the information you would
| > like to make it human-readable.
| >
| > If you have ideas how to add this functionality to the Octave parser,
| > I'd be interested to see your patches.

It used to be possible to print the parse tree and the type function
would do it.  I think most of the functionality is still there.

But based on your simple example, I don't see the point of what you
are trying to do.  Why not just write functions that take parameters
or use global variables to achieve the same thing?  Why write a new
function in text form?