Can "Installing Packages" project needs to be done as GSoC project?

From: Sai Manoj Kumar Yadlapati
Subject: Can "Installing Packages" project needs to be done as GSoC project?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:03:58 +0530

Hello, I want to participate in GSoC for the Octave project
"Installing packages". Then, I came to know about the bitbucket
repository
https://bitbucket.org/carandraug/octave/commits/all/13d1e9bfa362/branch("pkg").
I see that it has some features from OEP:pkg working. So, my question
is that what else needs to be implemented. I can't read the complete
code of pkg module right now, as I have exams this week. So, could you
please tell me what is completed till now and what else is remaining.
Is the "yet to be implemented" part big enough to be implemented as a
GSoC project?

Thanks
Sai Manoj Kumar Y.