Re: Wavelet Denoising toolbox.

From: Peter L. Soendergaard
Subject: Re: Wavelet Denoising toolbox.
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:38:08 +0200

On 05/29/2013 03:17 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Peter L. Soendergaard
<address@hidden> wrote:
Perhaps we can somehow coordinate so we avoid a duplication of efforts
That sounds good, I hope you can do that.

btw, it would be better if you provided a proper Octave package of
your toolbox. What are the chances of doing that?
That depends on how much needs to be done. Some issues:

1) The main thing is the documentation, I cannot convert that to Octaves format, too much work has gone into structuring that nicely in another format (reStructuredText), and I would like to keep it in that format. Currently LTFAT comes in at around 300 functions, with a 180 page manual, http://ltfat.sourceforge.net/doc/ltfat.pdf

2) LTFAT is itself structured into directories, so it is already a collection of small "packages".

3) LTFAT is hosted on Sourceforge it a Git repository, and I would like it to stay there, as I can easily control who has write access, for instance if a ph.d. student needs to submit or cleanup a few files.

If we can just create a package specification file that installs the whole toolbox, it would probably be doable, but I don't know if that is acceptable for Octave forge, or if LTFAT becomes to "alien" compared to the rest of the website.

I might be able to create a script that converts reStructuredText to texinfo. Does texinfo supports Latex formulas, images and citations? If so, I can convert the TeX output. If not, I can convert the text output.

btw.: We will be at the OctConf (just not registered yet).

Cheers,
Peter.