Re: Failed to build package qt

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Failed to build package qt
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:06:50 -0400

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Anirudha Bose <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Anirudha Bose <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone.

I got several errors while building mxe-octave. See log: http://pastebin.com/BnWamjBT

I have done hg update to incorporate the latest changes, and then
  autoconf
  ./configure

Last time I built mxe-octave, my build didn't fail because of Qt (though GUI was disabled)

Log for octave:
checking for moc-qt5... no
checking for moc-qt4... no
checking for moc... no
checking for uic-qt5... no
checking for uic-qt4... no
checking for uic... no
checking for rcc... no
checking for lrelease-qt5... no
checking for lrelease-qt4... no
checking for lrelease... no
configure: WARNING: Qt utility programs moc, uic, rcc, and lrelease not found -- disabling GUI

Any help is appreciated.

Can you check whether Qt has been compiled by MXE (check the installed_packages directory)? If not, try to force compilation with "make qt". Also make sure your MXE clone is up to date. MXE is a moving target so you should make sure to have the latest version.

I tried "make qt". I even started the build afresh but I am still getting the same error. My clone of mxe-octave is up to date. Can you examine the log to see what is the problem?

Sure, if you provide the file. You should inspect config.log in octave to see why Qt tools are not found. You should also make sure that Qt compilation succeeded and that the required tools are available in the destination directory.

Michael.