Re: 2 questions about MXE

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: 2 questions about MXE
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:46:18 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Goffioul wrote
> 1) Is there a reason not to enable SSE2 support when compiling FFTW,
> except
> to support old CPU's?

Does this also apply to other packages? (blas, ....)

> 2) When compiling curl with MSVC, I noticed that SSL support got disabled
> at configure time, although --with-gnutls is specified. I think it's due
> to ...

How can I check that on a ready-built Octave (built using mxe-built
dependencies)? Does octave_config_info have that info?

> ... curl configure script using pkg-config to detect gnutls, but it's
> using the
> one from ./usr/bin, which is looking into ./usr/lib/pkgconfig, while
> gnutls.pc has been installed in ./usr/i686-pc-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig. Does
> the problem occurs with native MinGW and how is it dealt with? Shouldn't
> we
> have a natively compiled pkg-config instead?

AFAICS pkg-config gets built in mxe-octave, also on native MinGW.
To be able to build other Octave versions (see my build instruction just
uploaded to your other -GSOC- thread) PKG_CONFIG_PATH has to be set
explicitly - John D made a shell script for that.

P.