Re: ITSOL build system integration

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: ITSOL build system integration
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 07:19:25 +0200

On 27.06.2013 06:29, c. wrote:
Nir,

FYI yesterday I helped Kai integrate ITSOL in Octave's build system [1].
Now Octave will check automatically for ITSOL headers and libraries
when being configured.

Kai, one thing we forgot to do is to change all ITSOL dependent .cc files
so that they can error out gracefully if ITSOL is not installed on the system.

This should be done by wrapping all the code in a preprocessor conditional like

#ifdef HAVE_ITSOL

…

#else

error ("iluk: this version of Octave has been built without ITSOL, therefore this
functionality is not available.")

#endif

HTH,
c.

[1] http://inversethought.com/hg/octave-kai/rev/b34ec4b2064b

Actually this has already been done (did some c&p from existing library wrappers in the /libinterp/dldfcn folder). If the macro HAVE_ITSOL is set correctly by the building process, it should work according to your description http://inversethought.com/hg/octave-kai/file/b34ec4b2064b/libinterp/dldfcn/iluk.cc line 89.

At the moment this macro is defined by default in line 27. I'll remove this line later when I'm back in Germany.

Best,
Kai