Re: FreedomSponsors for regexp?

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: FreedomSponsors for regexp?
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 08:23:18 +0200

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> 7/7/13
>
> All,
>
> I've been working on reforming Octave's regexp code and have found that in
> fact we are quite different from Matlab, despite both relying on PCRE
> underneath.  What I thought would be a few days work I now see to be closer
> to a few weeks work.  Is this something that would be a worthwhile project
> for FreedomSponsors?
>
> Is there any sort of central organization for this from the Octave side, or
> should individual programmers just go ahead and post bounties to
> FreedomSponsors?
>
> --Rik

My suggestion would be to allow registered developers (i.e. push
permission to hg repo) to post under Octave's umbrella, so in my view
you should go ahead. Of course, any programmer can post their own
bounties independently.

What about dedicating a small percentage of the bounty as a donation
to the FSF? (5%?)