Re: Please test new Doxygen building

From: Patrick Noffke
Subject: Re: Please test new Doxygen building
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 13:14:09 -0500

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Oops, can you please try "make doxyhtml" again? I accidentally removed
> the necessary target.

That works, thanks.

Some documentation is not generated because it is within #define
blocks that doxygen doesn't know about (e.g. HAVE_FREETYPE excludes
ft_render class documentation).  You can fix this by adding the
following to doc/doxyhtml/Doxyfile:

ENABLE_PREPROCESSING   = YES
PREDEFINED = HAVE_FREETYPE=1 \
                         <other #defines>

See:
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/manual/preprocessing.html

We probably want to generate documentation for all #define'd-out code
(anyone have a list?), regardless of what packages are present on
someone's system.  Otherwise, maybe configure could be used to updated
the PREDEFINED variable.

Thanks for getting this started!

Patrick