Re: 3.8 Bug Fix update

From: c.
Subject: Re: 3.8 Bug Fix update
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 22:36:22 +0100

On 6 Nov 2013, at 20:00, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:

> #40242  FLTK + GUI = crash on MacOSX (will this be fixed?  Or will we make
> gnuplot the default for Max OS X)

I think the issue with the crash on OSX when opening or closing files is bad
enough to be in the list.
I had not submitted the bug as  Torsten was trying to debug it and I thought he
could eventually make it ...

Now it seems we are at a dead end, and I don't think It will be possible to fix
this in time for the release
so I submitted this bug so it doesn't get forgotten:

And I am now locally applying a patch to disable suntax highlighting in the OSX
build to work around the bug.

Torsten, of course if you have other ideas about how to debug this I am still
willing to help you test them.

c.