Re: rc1 and qt-gnuplot

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: rc1 and qt-gnuplot
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 09:27:05 -0500

On 12/05/2013 04:10 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 12/05/2013 02:57 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Try these commands again, but this time try to redirect what Octave
    is sending through the pipe to a file with:

       plot(randn(3));
       graphics_toolkit gnuplot;
       drawnow ("x11", "/dev/null", false, "foo.gp <http://foo.gp>");

octave:1> plot(randn(3))
### got a fltk plot ####
octave:2> graphics_toolkit gnuplot
octave:3> drawnow ("x11", "/dev/null", false, "x11.gp <http://x11.gp>");
error: gl2ps-renderer:: Unknown terminal
sh: /dev/null: Permission denied
error: octave_base_value::matrix_value(): wrong type argument '<unknown
type>'
error: drawnow: A(I,J): row index out of bounds; value 1 out of bound 0
octave:3>

gl2ps-renderer?  I don't know how that factors in.  But there has been a
lot of discussion in the past couple days about gl2ps missing during a
build.  Maybe it has something to do with that.  Just guessing.

I think that's happening because switching toolkits only affects new figures. If you still have the fltk+opengl figure on the screen, the next drawnow will still use fltk+opengl. You need to either close the existing figure or create a new one. So try this instead:

  close all
  graphics_toolkit gnuplot