translation of libinterp/version.cc messages

From: fgnievinski
Subject: translation of libinterp/version.cc messages
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:02:50 -0800 (PST)

e.g., "This is free software", etc.
Currently it's not supported.
Would it be a bad idea?

I assume Qt shouldn't be used outside libgui,
so gettext would be the next best option, as
it's included in libgnu.  The only drawback
is that translators would have two separate
files, an XLIFF-based for the GUI and a POT
for the CLI.  I assume the compilation would
not need be changed.

If the i18n/l10n of the Octave CLI is bigger
than it seems, would you please give me a
heads up.  I assume there is a clear red line
demarcation between the version information
as above and the warning/error messages,
which I don't think should be translated.

Thanks,
-Felipe.