Re: MXE-octave changes

From: Rik
Subject: Re: MXE-octave changes
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:17:07 -0800

Maybe update the wiki as well (http://wiki.octave.org/Windows_Installer)?
> Currently this will build the stable-octave target.  If you have a
> previous build that used the octave target, then I think you'll end up
> with both versions included in the tar file or installer so some care
> is needed to avoid having unintended files in the binary distribution.
> Eventually I hope we can eliminate that problem so that the files that
> are included are predictable without having to run "make clean" first
> before building the installer (and everything else).

I'm using the unintended consequences to good effect right now.  I build
the development version of Octave which gets installed in the MXE tree as
octave-4.1.0+.exe.  When I run one of the dist targets the dev version gets
packaged as well.  It would be nice to not install so much cruft, but
hopefully there will be changes to the build system which also make it easy
to select which version to compile and install.

--Rik