Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into

From: c.
Subject: Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into core
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 06:50:39 +0100

On 24 Jan 2014, at 10:21, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2014, at 08:11, c. <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>>> I don't have time right now, but maybe with the refactored pkg.m we
>>> might be able to overcome this by patching pkg.m directly (which we have
>>> avoided in the past).
>>
>> I'm preparing a patch to make this approach easier.
>
> Could you please check out the attached changeset?
>
> With it you should be able to change the default
> package installation paths by patching the single file
>
> scripts/pkg/private/default_prefix.m
>
> you should only change the path for global install
> and leave the default for local install unchanged.
>
> Does this approach suit your needs?
>
> c.

Hi Thomas,

Did you have time to look at this patch?

3.8.1 is imminent, I actually think I am late to apply it for that release,
but if you think it could help the Debian version of Octave work better I
will push it to the gui-release branch so it will be in verion 4.0.

If I don't get an answer I'll just push to the default branch, which is safer,
but it means this will not be available before 4.2 at least.

c.