GSoC 2014, introducing myself.

From: Ouzounis_Georgios
Subject: GSoC 2014, introducing myself.
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:14:56 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone.

        My name is Georgios Ouzounis and I am a fourth year undergraduate in the
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Aristotle's University of
Thessaloniki, Greece.
I am interested in applying to GSoC 2014 for one of the three GNU Octave
projects listed below.

1) Rewrite Symbolic Package.
2) Improve MPI package.
3) Interface to Electronic Circuit Simulator.

        Due to my field of study I have a broad knowledge of mathematics and I
am
pretty comfortable with the
concepts involved with the symbolic package. I would really love to
contribute to it's development. It's actually
something that I had in mind for a long time but hesitated to get involved.

        I have been using C and C++ for a long time and I am comfortable with
these
languages. I have also been
using Matlab and Octave extensively the last two years so I am familiar with
their scripting language too. Regarding
programing I also know how to use gdb, write bash scripts. In terms of
parallel computing I have good knowledge on
CUDA, MPI, PTHREADS.

        I would appreciate it if you could give me some information on what is
already made and what needs to be done
acording to the above projects. For example, does the symbolic package has
to be written from scratch? Are there any
goals to be achieved during the GSoC or it's the more code the better?

        My e-mail is address@hidden and I have subscribed on the mailing
list. My nick in the IRC channel #octave is gouzouni(I am new to the IRC but
I am a quick learner).

Thank you for your time,

        Ouzounis Georgios.