Octave with Clang

From: PrasannaKumar Muralidharan
Subject: Octave with Clang
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 20:27:27 +0530

A few days back I compiled octave with clang. Did not make any changes
to Makefile. Make check reported 2 failures. Please find them below.

Is this something to look at?

I guess gcc is following gnu89 standard while clang follows c99 by
default. Is this the cause for the problem?

Failure 1:
  ***** assert (log2 (complex (0,Inf)), Inf + log2 (i))
!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (log2 (complex (0, Inf)),Inf + log2 (i))

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     ()        Inf+NaNi   Inf+2.2662i    'NaN' mismatch

Failure 2:
  ***** assert (roots ([1e-200, -1e200 * 1i, 1]), -1e-200 * 1i)
!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (roots ([1e-200, -1e200 * 1i, 1]),-1e-200 * 1i)

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     ()           O            E         real != complex

Seeing a huge number of tests passing without any problem I feel
Octave code seems to be portable across compilers. I also found some
warnings which I am planning to report soon.

Thanks and Regards,
PrasannaKumar