Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault with Octave MXE under Windows
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 09:37:29 -0700 (PDT)

ijourneaux wrote

> Daniel Sebald wrote
>> Try commenting out the line in question:
>>
>>      // FIXME: this is really playing with fire.
>> //    symbol_table::erase_scope (local_scope);    //Line 236
>>
>> That's not a solution, but if it doesn't fix the segfault, then the
>> likelihood is that isn't the problem in this case.
> Editing the code is easy. How do I force MXE-Octave to be rebuilt after I
> have made the change?

What I would do with 3.8.1, assuming building on Linux (i.e.,
cross-building), outside the <sourcedir> (where <sourcedir> is what you get
after you've expanded octave-3.8.1.tar.gz, I think it is octave-3.8.1/)

"tar  cvzf octave-3.8.1.tar.gz  <sourcedir>/"

(may overwrite the existing archive)

and then:
- when finished, "openssl sha1 octave-3.8.1.tar.gz" and copy the resulting
checksum
- edit the proper checksum in <mxe-octave>/src/stable-octave.mk
- copy octave-3.8.1.tar.gz over to <mxe-octave>/pkg/
- cd to <mxe-octave>
"make nsis-installer JOBS=<some reasonable number depending on nr of CPU
cores>"

Philip