Re: Octave with FLTK segfaulting on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave with FLTK segfaulting on MacOS X
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:04:51 -0400

On Jun 17, 2014, at 9:44 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carlo,
>
> I'm seeing a seg-fault when using the fltk graphics toolkit.  For example,
> the commands below ...
>
>       graphics_toolkit fltk
>       plot (rand (3))
>
> ... result in ...
>
>       line 2: 86876 Segmentation fault: 11
> /Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/default/sources/run-octave --no-gui
>
> Can you confirm this is a problem on your Mac as well?
>
> Ben

I don't see the seg-fault on the stable, but do see it on the gui-release
branch (using the same configure options).  A common "feature" is that the gui
thread is active when Octave starts for the default and gui-releaes branch ...
meaning that an Octave icon appears on the MacOS Dock for the default and
gui-release branches, but not for the stable branch.

When I have time, I'll start bisecting to identify the changeset.

Ben