Anyone familiar with polygcd?

From: Rik
Subject: Anyone familiar with polygcd?
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 10:57:53 -0700

All,

I'm getting occasional failures from the test code in polygcd.  It seems to
happen about 10% of the time according to the following code:

for i = 1:100
  bm(i) = test ("polygcd");
endfor
sum (bm)

The test that fails is

%!test
%! for ii=1:10
%!   p  = (unique (randn (10, 1)) * 10).';
%!   p1 = p(3:end);
%!   p2 = p(1:end-2);
%!   assert (polygcd (poly (-p1), poly (-p2)), poly (- intersect (p1, p2)),
sqrt (eps));
%! endfor

I tried a few different random seeds to see if I could fix the value to
something that would always pass, but no luck.

The simplest thing is to make this an %!xtest which can occasionally fail.
But if someone understands polygcd and could suggest a way to modify the
test that would be preferable.

The error I get is a dimensional mismatch:

!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (polygcd (poly (-p1), poly (-p2)),poly
(-intersect (p1, p2)),sqrt (eps))

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     .          O(1x1)       E(1x7)      Dimensions don't match

--Rik