Compiling Octave on WinXP32bit for Win764bit

From: dkeck
Subject: Compiling Octave on WinXP32bit for Win764bit
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:03:57 -0700 (PDT)

The headline sounds dramatic but my actual question is almost lame and goes
directly to Michael Goffioul.

I was searching for JIT and Octave and found [1] amongst others. Enabling
JIT (jit_enable(1)) generated a completely wrong result for the given
benchmark routine under 3.2 in [1] and lasted three times longer to execute
than with JIT disabled (which gives to correct result of 1/9).

So I thought its time to get used to the magic (using and compiling the
source) in the background.
The board search and [2], [3], [4] showed me that I will not come up with a
proper result soon. Since I'd like to use Windows (not Linux and cross
compiling) the 'Alternative' section in [2] seems to be a very nice entry
point.

Michael Goffioul uploaded the VC10Libs.zip archive. My question is if I have
overseen some repository somewhere or if you went out once and downloaded
all the sources of all dependencies manually (it seems to be dozens of
websites) came home again and put them altogether in your VS2008/2010. To
ask simpler: How did you (Michael Goffioul) create this archive?

[1] https://sites.google.com/site/2bass2/report.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

[2] wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Windows
[3] http://wiki.octave.org/Windows_Installer
[4] http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/get-involved.html