Re: patch for generate_html for NEWS and package docs

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: patch for generate_html for NEWS and package docs
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:01:39 +0100

On 24 July 2014 18:40, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
> attached is a patch for the `generate_html' package (mostly made by
> cut-and-paste). Changes:
>
> - a `NEWS' link appears in the root page (below `Function Reference'),
>   linking to a generated NEWS.html if a NEWS file was present,

I really like this idea.

> - (only) if options.package_doc is set manually to a filename, a link
>   `Package Documentation' appears below the new `NEWS' link, linking
>   to the file named by options.package_doc (in the root directory);
>   the file and its linked tree must be copied manually there.

I don't think is necessary. The pkg documentation defines that news
must be a NEWS file on the root of the directory so there's no point
on optionally having a way to change this on the generate_html
package. Also, I don't think we should have an option to make it
optionally not appear on the html.

> Should I commit it? Or commit preliminary for testing?

You can commit it safely, it will only be "out for production" once a
new release of the package is made.

Carnë