Re: Octave-Forge website / Sample code for embedding octave ?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge website / Sample code for embedding octave ?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:13:28 +0100

On 15 August 2014 18:06, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Thank you. I removed this. I have also removed some more entries from
>> this page which you can also notice in the project-web repository.
>

> I noticed that you removed a page about translations (translations.html).

Yes. Instead I created a wiki page about it [1].

> What about the "translation packages" (es-0.0.*.tar.gz and
> pt_br-1.0.9.tar.gz) that are still available from the FRS ?

Yes. The last releases were es-0.0.4 [2] and pt_br-1.0.9 [3].

> Are they still of any use ?

If you're using a very old version of Octave... In theory, this
packages will use the translated text if the help text hasn't changed
since then, but I guess that number is very small now. The sources for
this packages and translations are still in the svn repository.

Carnë

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/Internationalization
[2]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Forge%20Packages/Individual%20Package%20Releases/es-0.0.4.tar.gz/download